LX + Video Operator wanted for extended contract on London-based immersive show.
This is an exciting opportunity for a savvy recent graduate to take ownership over an advanced system with training provided.
We are searching for an Lx & Video Operator with good practical and maintenance skills. Even though the role is predominately as an “operator”, you’ll need to have prior experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the fixtures and systems. The role will involve working across both shows and you’ll be working on a rota system to cover Adventures In Wonderland.
The Lx & Video Operator is a vital member of the backstage Team, they will be working in a team of 8 lead by the Company Stage Manager (1x DSM, 6x ASM, 1x Sound Operator).
The show runs on timecode, so the predominant roles will include:
- – Presets and resets of the Lighting & Video elements
- – Maintenance of the Lighting & Video equipment and systems
- – Live troubleshooting issues with control, power, fixtures and systems during the show
You will also to ensure that production standards are maintained throughout the rehearsal and performance period.
Candidates need to possess and demonstrate the following:
- Good practical and technical skills in both Lx & Video
- Problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Ability to multi-task in a busy working environment
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Diplomacy, discretion and professionalism at all time
- Motivated and Enthusiastic
Dates of engagement:
- – 27th March-14th April (rehearsal period)
- – 15th April – 23rd September 2017 (shows)
- £435 p/w for the rehearsal period
- £510 p/w show running
To apply: please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on Monday 27th February 2017